Directions for Shipping Service Work or Rental Returns:
Inflatable life rafts are classified as Hazardous Material.
Survival Products, Inc. recommends the following:
For Shipping Purposes -
MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) & Shipping Labels
1. The newest and easiest way to ship: Call our Shipping Representative, Jeff Heidenreich at Freightquote.com. Ph. 785-783-4560. Fax: 913-319-0635 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Since Freightquote has connections to all of the Freight Companies, our Rep. will find the most efficient and cheapest way to ship, take care of all of the paperwork, and pick it up from your doorstep!
2. Or you may call any shipping freight company directly and fill out the paperwork yourself. Pick a Trucking Freight Company, insure for the full value, and fill out their Bill Lading.
Some of the Trucking Freight Companies to use: AAA Cooper, ABF Freight, Bax Global, Benton Global, Best Overnight Express, R&L Carriers, Roadrunner Express, Watkins Trucking, Yellow Freight, etc. For example: Go to the ABF Freight website and click on Bill Of Lading Creation Form (located left of center on their homepage). Fill out the Bill of Lading E-Form while following their online instructions, and then print it out.
1) Fill out the Bill of Lading and then print (refer to the MSDS for HazMat Info).
2) Print out the MSDS (to include with your shipment).
3) Print out the HazMat Shipping Labels and attach them to top of box.
4) Fill Service Info Form and put in box with service work.
5) Call Freight Company for pickup.
6) Make sure to give BOL and MSDS sheet to them along with package(s) for pickup.
Info to include when filling out BOL (refer to the MSDS): deflated life raft, weight, dimensions of box, value for insurance, Hazardous Material: Life-saving appliances, self-inflating, UN2990). Attach Shipping Labels.
3. If your a Certified HazMat Shipper you may Call 1-800-GO-FEDEX (800-463-3339). Ask for Dangerous Goods Hotline or go to website: www.fedex.com (Fill out and print Shipper's Declaration of Dangerous Goods Form). Also, you can call or visit your local Fedex Branch (Print out HazMat Shipping Labels and attach them to top of box). Use our MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) as a reference. Note: Fedex does not ship Hazardous Material/Dangerous Goods in all areas and if you are not certified to do so.
Please include your ship back to address, name, phone number, credit card info and/or what number to call for the info when the raft is ready to ship. Also, specify if you need it expedited (with the date you need it back by which is 25% additional). Otherwise, we will assume it needs the regular turnaround service (2-3 weeks). To facilitate the process, fill out the Shipping Form and put it in box with service work.
Service is recommended annually and required by the FAA annually for FAA Approved type rafts. It takes approximately 2-3 weeks regular turnaround time to overhaul a life raft. We can expedite your service work within approximately 2-3 days for an additional 25% of the total service cost.
Inspection consists of removing the raft from the valise, conducting a 24-hour pressure test, weight checking the CO2 inflation system, a cylinder raft pressure test, weight checking the CO2 inflation system cylinder, visually checking the raft and valise for tears, cuts, punctures, abrasions, and deterioration, and then repacking the raft into its valise. Survival Equipment (if included) shall be removed from its valise and inspected by pressure testing the inflatable mast and visually checking each item for condition and life limitation. Cylinder hydrotest is required every 5 years at which time the valve is overhauled and the cylinder then freshly recharged (this cost is approximately an additional $130-$180).
Storage and Proper Care
To keep your raft in the best condition possible, it should be stowed in a clean dry contaminant free area away from any heat source. Contaminants such as petroleum solvents, fuel, grease, oil, or hydraulic fluids may have a detrimental effect on the fabrics and consequently on the life and performance of the raft. The stowage area should be at least equal in size to the complete raft assembly.
Following are storage and operational temperature limits for the rafts:
OPERATING and/or STORAGE +10 degrees F TO +130 degrees F
NOTE: ANY PURCHASE AND/OR SERVICE WORK WE SHIP OUT INTERNATIONALLY COSTS AN ADDITIONAL $195 FOR INT'L HAZMAT PAPERWORK.
|Company Profile I Design I Life Rafts I Survival Kits I Transmitters I Safety Equipment I Rentals I Service I Service Stations I Testimonials I Fax Order Form I FAA Documents I Operator's Manuals I Shipping Information I Summary Price Sheet I Aviation Links I Marine Links I Contact Us|
|Copyright ©2015 I Survival Products, Inc.|